Cafetiere CoffeeAnt & Bee Media @ 2021-04-14 19:14:28 +0100
A really simple and easy way to make a great cup of coffee is to use a Cafetiere sometimes called French Press or Plunger. We're often asked how to brew coffee with this method so here are a few tips. Just remember to brew the coffee and drink it straight away. If you leave it stewing in the pot the result can be quite unpleasant!
- Bring the water to the boil and allow it to cool while you get everything ready for your brew!
- Using water slightly off the boil ensures that the flavour of the roasted coffee is not altered
- Preheat the Cafetière
- Similar to a teapot, in order to get the best brew heat the cafetière using a small amount of hot water.
- Use medium to coarse ground coffee
- Using the correct grind of coffee is essential to getting a great brew in a cafetière. If your grind is too fine the drink will be cloudy and maybe even a little powdery in taste. Too coarse and the drink will be weak
- Use one heaped dessert spoonful of ground coffee per cup, obviously add more if you are using large mugs.
- Place the ground coffee into the cafetière and pour a little water over the grounds and swirl them through it.
- Pour in the rest of the water and stir gently, if needed, to cover the coffee grinds.
- Place the lid on the cafetière with the plunger fully raised
- Allow the coffee to brew for four minutes
- Gently press the plunger down all the way
- Be careful to press the plunger down straight, if you try to push from an angle some coffee grains may escape into the brew.
- Pour and enjoy!